One of many highest-ranking defectors from Scientology exposes the key interior workings of the highly effective group on this outstanding memoir.Mike Rinder’s mother and father started taking him to their native Scientology middle when he was 5 years outdated. After highschool, he signed a billion-year contract and was admitted into Scientology’s elite interior circle, the Sea Group. Dropped at founder L. Ron Hubbard’s yacht and promised coaching in Hubbard’s most superior strategies, Mike was as an alternative put to work swabbing the decks.Nonetheless, Rinder purchased into the doctrine that his private consolation was secondary to the upper function of Hubbard’s world-saving mission, swiftly rising by way of the ranks. Within the Eighties, Rinder turned Scientology’s worldwide spokesperson and the pinnacle of its highly effective Workplace of Particular Affairs. He helped negotiate Scientology’s pivotal tax exemption from the IRS and engaged with the group’s outstanding superstar members, together with Tom Cruise, Lisa Marie Presley, and John Travolta. But Rinder couldn’t shake a nagging feeling that one thing was amiss—Hubbard’s guarantees remained unfulfilled at his loss of life, and his successor, David Miscavige, was a ruthless and vindictive man who didn’t hesitate to restrict many high Scientologists, Mike amongst them, to a makeshift jail generally known as the Gap.In 2007, on the age of fifty-two, Rinder lastly escaped Scientology. In a single day, he turned one of many group’s greatest public enemies. He was adopted, hacked, spied on, and tracked. However he refused to be intimidated and as we speak helps folks break freed from Scientology. In A Billion Years, the darkish, dystopian reality about Scientology is revealed as by no means earlier than. Rinder affords insights into the faith that solely somebody of his former excessive rank may present and tells a harrowing however fulfilling story of private resilience.
- Download Audiobook Woman Evolve: Break Up with Your Fears and Revolutionize Your Life by Sarah Jakes Roberts in English
- Download Audiobook Raising Good Humans: A Mindful Guide to Breaking the Cycle of Reactive Parenting and Raising Kind, Confident Kids by Hunter Clarke-Fields MSAE in English
- Download Audiobook The Secret by Rhonda Byrne in English
- Download Audiobook Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day by Jay Shetty in English
- Download Audiobook Marriage Be Hard: 12 Conversations to Keep You Laughing, Loving, and Learning with Your Partner by Kevin Fredericks in English
- Download Audiobook Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Joe Dispenza in English