“Totally fascinating and fantastically written, this e book is a massively entertaining and enlightening exploration of a chook so wickedly good, curious, and social, it boggles the thoughts.” (Jennifer Ackerman, writer of The Chook Manner)“An interesting, entertaining, and completely engrossing story.” (David Sibley, writer of What It is Prefer to Be a Chook)An enthralling account of a contemporary voyage of discovery as we meet the intelligent, social birds of prey known as caracaras, which puzzled Darwin, fascinate modern-day falconers, and carry secrets and techniques of our planet’s deep previous of their household historical past.“As curious, wide-ranging, gregarious, and clever as its topic.” (Charles C. Mann, writer of 1491)In 1833, Charles Darwin was astonished by an animal he met within the Falkland Islands: good-looking, social, and oddly crow-like falcons that have been “tame and inquisitive…quarrelsome and passionate”, and so insatiably curious that they stole hats, compasses, and different valuables from the crew of the Beagle. Darwin questioned why these birds have been confined to distant islands on the tip of South America, sensing a bigger story, however he set this thriller apart and by no means returned to it.Nearly 200 years later, Jonathan Meiburg takes up this chase. He takes us by means of South America, from the fog-bound coasts of Tierra del Fuego to the tropical forests of Guyana, looking for these birds: striated caracaras, which nonetheless exist, although they’re very uncommon. He reveals the wild, fascinating story of their historical past, origins, and attainable futures. And alongside the best way, he attracts us into the life and work of William Henry Hudson, the Victorian author and naturalist who championed caracaras as an unsung surprise of the pure world, and to falconry parks within the English countryside, the place captive caracaras carry out unimaginable feats of reminiscence and problem-solving. A Most Exceptional Creature is a hybrid of science writing, travelogue, and biography, as beneficiant and accessible as it’s subtle, and completely riveting.
- Download Audiobook The Impossible First by Colin O’Brady in English
- Download Audiobook A Most Remarkable Creature: The Hidden Life and Epic Journey of the World’s Smartest Birds of Prey by Jonathan Meiburg in English
- Download Audiobook BuzzFeed Unsolved Supernatural: 101 True Tales of Hauntings, Demons, and the Paranormal by Ryan Bergara in English
- Download Audiobook Bill Bryson Collector’s Edition: Notes from a Small Island, Neither Here Nor There, and I’m a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson in English
- Download Audiobook Grandma Gatewood’s Walk: The Inspiring Story of the Woman Who Saved the Appalachian Trail by Ben Montgomery in English
- Download Audiobook The Ridiculous Misadventures of a Single Girl: Eat, Pray, #FML, Book 2 by Gabrielle Stone in English