“An exquisite, splendid ebook – a ebook that needs to be prepared by each American, pupil or in any other case, who desires to grasp his nation, its true historical past, and its hope for the longer term.” (Howard Quick)For a lot of his life, historian Howard Zinn chronicled American historical past from the underside up, throwing out the official model taught in faculties – with its emphasis on nice males in excessive locations – to concentrate on the road, the house, and the office.Identified for its energetic, clear prose in addition to its scholarly analysis, A Folks’s Historical past of america is the one quantity to inform America’s story from the viewpoint of – and within the phrases of – America’s girls, manufacturing unit staff, African-People, Native People, the working poor, and immigrant laborers. As Zinn exhibits, lots of our nation’s best battles – the fights for a good wage, an eight-hour workday, child-labor legal guidelines, well being and security requirements, common suffrage, girls’s rights, racial equality – had been carried out on the grassroots stage, in opposition to bloody resistance.Overlaying Christopher Columbus’ arrival by way of President Clinton’s first time period, A Folks’s Historical past of america options insightful evaluation of crucial occasions in our historical past.
- Download Audiobook The Dawn of Everything: A New History of Humanity by David Graeber in English
- Download Audiobook Grace: President Obama and Ten Days in the Battle for America by Cody Keenan in English
- Download Audiobook The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure by Jonathan Haidt in English
- Download Audiobook When McKinsey Comes to Town: The Hidden Influence of the World’s Most Powerful Consulting Firm by Walt Bogdanich in English
- Download Audiobook The Autobiography of Malcolm X: As Told to Alex Haley by Malcolm X in English
- Download Audiobook Solito: A Memoir by Javier Zamora in English