Traditionally, it was weapons, germs, and metal that decided the fates of individuals and nations. Now, greater than ever, it’s electrical energy. International demand for energy is doubling each 20 years, however electrical energy stays one of the crucial tough types of power to provide and achieve this reliably. As we speak, some three billion individuals reside in locations the place per-capita electrical energy use is lower than what’s utilized by a mean American fridge. How we shut the colossal hole between the electrical energy wealthy and the electrical energy poor will decide our success in addressing points like girls’s rights, inequality, and local weather change. In A Query of Energy, veteran journalist Robert Bryce tells the human story of electrical energy, the world’s most essential type of power. Via onsite reporting from India, Iceland, Lebanon, Puerto Rico, New York, and Colorado, he exhibits how our cities, our cash – our very lives – rely upon dependable flows of electrical energy. He highlights the elements wanted for profitable electrification and explains why so many individuals are nonetheless caught at nighttime. With vivid writing and incisive evaluation, he powerfully debunks the notion that our power wants might be met solely with renewables and demonstrates why – if we’re severe about addressing local weather change – nuclear power should play a a lot larger function. Electrical energy has fueled a brand new epoch within the historical past of civilization. A Query of Energy explains how that occurred and what it means for our future. PLEASE NOTE: While you buy this title, the accompanying PDF might be obtainable in your Audible Library together with the audio.
- Download Audiobook Cybersecurity for Dummies by Joseph Steinberg in English
- Download Audiobook Fundamentals of Software Architecture: An Engineering Approach by Mark Richards in English
- Download Audiobook The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr in English
- Download Audiobook The Art of Invisibility: The World’s Most Famous Hacker Teaches You How to Be Safe in the Age of Big Brother and Big Data by Kevin Mitnick in English
- Download Audiobook Staff Engineer: Leadership Beyond the Management Track by Will Larson in English
- Download Audiobook Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism by Safiya Umoja Noble in English