An inspiring and intimate self-portrait of the champion of equality that encompasses her good tennis profession, unwavering activism, and an ongoing dedication to equity and social justice.On this spirited account, Billie Jean King particulars her life’s journey to seek out her true self. She recounts her groundbreaking tennis profession – six years because the top-ranked lady on the planet, 20 Wimbledon championships, 39 grand-slam titles, and her watershed defeat of Bobby Riggs within the well-known “Battle of the Sexes”. She poignantly recollects the cultural backdrop of these years and the profound influence on her worldview from the ladies’s motion, the assassinations and anti-war protests of the Sixties, the civil rights motion, and, ultimately, the LGBTQ+ rights motion.She describes the myriad challenges she’s hurdled – entrenched sexism, an consuming dysfunction, close to monetary peril after being outed – on her path to publicly and unequivocally acknowledging her sexual identification on the age of 51. And she or he talks about how her life in the present day stays one among indefatigable service. She affords insights and recommendation on management, enterprise, activism, sports activities, politics, marriage equality, parenting, sexuality, and love. She exhibits how dwelling truthfully and overtly has had a transformative impact on her relationships and happiness. Hers is the story of a pathbreaking feminist, a world-class athlete, and an indomitable spirit whose influence has transcended even her spectacular achievements in sports activities.*Features a downloadable PDF of Appendices from the bookPLEASE NOTE: While you buy this title, the accompanying PDF will likely be out there in your Audible Library together with the audio.
- Download Audiobook The Confident Mind: A Battle-Tested Guide to Unshakable Performance by Dr. Nate Zinsser in English
- Download Audiobook Undisputed Truth by Mike Tyson in English
- Download Audiobook A Book of Five Rings: The Strategy of Musashi by Miyamoto Musashi in English
- Download Audiobook Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance by Alexander Hutchinson in English
- Download Audiobook Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook Legacy by James Kerr in English