#1 New York Instances bestselling writer and investigative reporter David Corn tells the wild and harrowing story of the Republican Celebration’s decades-long relationship with far-right extremism, bigotry, and paranoia.A quick-paced, rollicking, behind-the-scenes account of how the GOP because the Nineteen Fifties has inspired and exploited extremism, bigotry, and paranoia to achieve energy, AMERICAN PSYCHOSIS affords listeners a brisk, can-you-believe-it journey by means of the netherworld of far-right irrationality and the Republican Celebration’s interactions with the darkest forces in America. In a compelling and thoroughly-researched narrative, Corn reveals the hidden historical past of how the Celebration of Lincoln cast alliances with extremists, kooks, racists, and conspiracy-mongers and fostered worry, anger, and resentment to win elections—and the way this led to Donald Trump’s triumph and the transformation of the GOP right into a Trump persona cult that foments and bolsters the loopy and harmful excesses of the proper.The Trump-incited insurrectionist assault on the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, was no aberration. AMERICAN PSYCHOSIS exhibits it was a continuation of the lengthy and deep-rooted Republican follow of boosting and weaponizing the fad and derangement of the proper.The gripping story in AMERICAN PSYCHOSIS covers the final seven a long time. From McCarthyism to the John Birch Society to segregationists to the New Proper to the spiritual proper to Rush Limbaugh to Newt Gingrich to the militia motion to Fox Information to Sarah Palin to the Tea Celebration to Trumpism, the Republican Celebration has intentionally nurtured and exploited rightwing worry and loathing fueled by paranoia, grievance, and tribalism. This highly effective and essential account explains how one political celebration has harnessed the worst components in politics to poison the nation’s discourse and threaten American democracy.
- Download Audiobook Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook American Psychosis: A Historical Investigation of How the Republican Party Went Crazy by David Corn in English
- Download Audiobook White Fear: How the Browning of America Is Making White Folks Lose Their Minds by Roland S. Martin in English
- Download Audiobook The Bomber Mafia: A Dream, a Temptation, and the Longest Night of the Second World War by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook Born to Be Hanged: The Epic Story of the Gentlemen Pirates Who Raided the South Seas, Rescued a Princess, and Stole a Fortune by Keith Thomson in English
- Download Audiobook Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow in English