From some of the beloved authors of our time—greater than six million copies of his books have been bought on this nation alone – an interesting tour into the historical past behind the place we name dwelling. “Homes aren’t refuges from historical past. They’re the place historical past finally ends up.” Invoice Bryson and his household reside in a Victorian parsonage in part of England the place nothing of any nice significance has occurred because the Romans decamped. But in the future, he started to think about how little or no he knew in regards to the bizarre issues of life as he discovered it in that snug dwelling. To treatment this, he shaped the concept of journeying about his home from room to room to “write a historical past of the world with out leaving dwelling.” The toilet supplies the event for a historical past of hygiene; the bed room, intercourse, dying, and sleep; the kitchen, diet and the spice commerce; and so forth, as Bryson reveals how every has figured within the evolution of personal life. No matter occurs on this planet, he demonstrates, leads to our home, within the paint and the pipes and the pillows and each merchandise of furnishings. Invoice Bryson has one of many liveliest, most inquisitive minds on the planet, and he’s a grasp at turning the seemingly remoted or mundane reality into an event for probably the most diverting exposition conceivable. His wit and sheer prose fluency make At Dwelling some of the entertaining books ever written about personal life.
- Download Audiobook Neverwhere: A BBC Radio Full-Cast Dramatisation by Neil Gaiman in English
- Download Audiobook The Steal Like an Artist Audio Trilogy: How to Be Creative, Show Your Work, and Keep Going by Austin Kleon in English
- Download Audiobook Is This Anything? by Jerry Seinfeld in English
- Download Audiobook Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman in English
- Download Audiobook How to Tell a Story: The Essential Guide to Memorable Storytelling from The Moth by The Moth in English
- Download Audiobook Coal Miner’s Daughter by Loretta Lynn in English