From probably the most beloved authors of our time—greater than six million copies of his books have been offered on this nation alone – an interesting tour into the historical past behind the place we name house. “Homes aren’t refuges from historical past. They’re the place historical past finally ends up.” Invoice Bryson and his household reside in a Victorian parsonage in part of England the place nothing of any nice significance has occurred for the reason that Romans decamped. But in the future, he started to think about how little or no he knew concerning the bizarre issues of life as he discovered it in that comfy house. To treatment this, he fashioned the thought of journeying about his home from room to room to “write a historical past of the world with out leaving house.” The lavatory offers the event for a historical past of hygiene; the bed room, intercourse, demise, and sleep; the kitchen, vitamin and the spice commerce; and so forth, as Bryson exhibits how every has figured within the evolution of personal life. No matter occurs on this planet, he demonstrates, results in our home, within the paint and the pipes and the pillows and each merchandise of furnishings. Invoice Bryson has one of many liveliest, most inquisitive minds on the planet, and he’s a grasp at turning the seemingly remoted or mundane truth into an event for probably the most diverting exposition conceivable. His wit and sheer prose fluency make At Dwelling probably the most entertaining books ever written about personal life.
- Download Audiobook Neverwhere: A BBC Radio Full-Cast Dramatisation by Neil Gaiman in English
- Download Audiobook The Steal Like an Artist Audio Trilogy: How to Be Creative, Show Your Work, and Keep Going by Austin Kleon in English
- Download Audiobook Is This Anything? by Jerry Seinfeld in English
- Download Audiobook Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman in English
- Download Audiobook How to Tell a Story: The Essential Guide to Memorable Storytelling from The Moth by The Moth in English
- Download Audiobook Coal Miner’s Daughter by Loretta Lynn in English