From one of the vital beloved authors of our time—greater than six million copies of his books have been bought on this nation alone – a captivating tour into the historical past behind the place we name dwelling. “Homes aren’t refuges from historical past. They’re the place historical past finally ends up.” Invoice Bryson and his household dwell in a Victorian parsonage in part of England the place nothing of any nice significance has occurred for the reason that Romans decamped. But in the future, he started to think about how little or no he knew in regards to the atypical issues of life as he discovered it in that comfy dwelling. To treatment this, he shaped the thought of journeying about his home from room to room to “write a historical past of the world with out leaving dwelling.” The toilet offers the event for a historical past of hygiene; the bed room, intercourse, dying, and sleep; the kitchen, diet and the spice commerce; and so forth, as Bryson exhibits how every has figured within the evolution of personal life. No matter occurs on this planet, he demonstrates, leads to our home, within the paint and the pipes and the pillows and each merchandise of furnishings. Invoice Bryson has one of many liveliest, most inquisitive minds on the planet, and he’s a grasp at turning the seemingly remoted or mundane truth into an event for essentially the most diverting exposition conceivable. His wit and sheer prose fluency make At Dwelling one of the vital entertaining books ever written about non-public life.
- Download Audiobook Whiskey in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon in English
- Download Audiobook The Other End of the Leash: Why We Do What We Do Around Dogs by Patricia McConnell PhD in English
- Download Audiobook Somebody Feed Phil the Book: Untold Stories, Behind-the-Scenes Photos and Favorite Recipes: A Cookbook by Phil Rosenthal in English
- Download Audiobook The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter by Margareta Magnusson in English
- Download Audiobook Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by Marie Kondo in English
- Download Audiobook Order from Chaos: The Everyday Grind of Staying Organized with Adult ADHD by Jaclyn Paul in English