In her new masterpiece, the writer of the bestselling phenomenon Quiet reveals the facility of a bittersweet outlook on life, and why we’ve been so blind to its worth.“Bittersweet grabs you by the center and doesn’t let go.”—BRENÉ BROWN, writer of Atlas of the Coronary heart“Susan Cain has described and validated my existence as soon as once more!”—GLENNON DOYLE, writer of Untamed“A glowing ode to the fantastic thing about the human situation.”—ADAM GRANT, writer of Assume Once more ONE OF THE MOST ANTICIPATED BOOKS OF 2022—Oprah Every day, BookPageBittersweetness is a bent to states of lengthying, poignancy, and sorrow; an acute consciousness of passing time; and a curiously piercing pleasure at the fantastic thing about the world. It acknowledges that mild and darkish, delivery and dying—bitter and candy—are without end paired. For those who’ve ever questioned why you want unhappy music . . . For those who discover consolation or inspiration in a wet day . . . For those who react intensely to music, artwork, nature, and wonder . . . You then in all probability determine with the bittercandy frame of mind.With Quiet, Susan Cain urged our society to domesticate house for the undervalued, indispensable introverts amongst us, thereby revealing an untapped energy hidden in plain sight. Now she employs the identical mixture of analysis, storytelling, and memoir to discover why we expertise sorrow and longing, and the way embracing the bittersweetness on the coronary heart of life is the true path to creativity, connection, and transcendence.Cain exhibits how a bittersweet frame of mind is the quiet pressure that helps us transcend our private and collective ache. If we don’t acknowledge our personal heartache, she says, we will find yourself inflicting it on others by way of abuse, domination, or neglect. But when we notice that each one people know—or will know—loss and struggling, we will flip towards each other. At a time of profound discord and private nervousness, Bittersweet brings us collectively in deep and sudden methods.*Features a downloadable PDF containing a Bittersweet quiz from the bookPLEASE NOTE: While you buy this title, the accompanying PDF might be accessible in your Audible Library together with the audio.
- Download Audiobook How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence by Michael Pollan in English
- Download Audiobook Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth in English
- Download Audiobook Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook How to Do the Work: Recognize Your Patterns, Heal from Your Past, and Create Your Self by Dr. Nicole LePera in English
- Download Audiobook Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself by Melody Beattie in English
- Download Audiobook From Strength to Strength: Finding Success, Happiness, and Deep Purpose in the Second Half of Life by Arthur C. Brooks in English