Within the mid-70s, Steve Martin exploded onto the comedy scene. By 1978 he was the largest live performance draw within the historical past of stand-up. In 1981 he give up eternally. Born Standing Up is, in his personal phrases, the story of “why I did stand-up and why I walked away”. At age 10 Martin began his profession at Disneyland, promoting guidebooks within the newly opened theme park. Within the decade that adopted, he labored within the Disney magic store and the Chicken Cage Theatre at Knott’s Berry Farm, performing his first magic/comedy act a dozen occasions per week. The story of those years, throughout which he practiced and honed his craft, is shifting and revelatory. Martin illuminates the sacrifice, self-discipline, and originality that made him an icon and informs his work to today. To be this good, to carry out so regularly, was isolating and lonely. It took Martin many years to reconnect together with his dad and mom and sister, and he tells that story with nice tenderness. Martin additionally paints a portrait of his occasions: the period of free love and protests in opposition to the battle in Vietnam, the heady irreverence of The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour within the late 60s, and the transformative new voice of Saturday Night time Stay within the 70s.
- Download Audiobook All About Me!: My Remarkable Life in Show Business by Mel Brooks in English
- Download Audiobook Open Book: A Memoir by Jessica Simpson in English
- Download Audiobook Long Road: Pearl Jam and the Soundtrack of a Generation by Steven Hyden in English
- Download Audiobook Stories I Only Tell My Friends: An Autobiography by Rob Lowe in English
- Download Audiobook Wildflower by Drew Barrymore in English
- Download Audiobook The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company by Robert Iger in English