Within the mid-70s, Steve Martin exploded onto the comedy scene. By 1978 he was the most important live performance draw within the historical past of stand-up. In 1981 he stop ceaselessly. Born Standing Up is, in his personal phrases, the story of “why I did stand-up and why I walked away”. At age 10 Martin began his profession at Disneyland, promoting guidebooks within the newly opened theme park. Within the decade that adopted, he labored within the Disney magic store and the Fowl Cage Theatre at Knott’s Berry Farm, performing his first magic/comedy act a dozen occasions every week. The story of those years, throughout which he practiced and honed his craft, is shifting and revelatory. Martin illuminates the sacrifice, self-discipline, and originality that made him an icon and informs his work to this present day. To be this good, to carry out so steadily, was isolating and lonely. It took Martin a long time to reconnect together with his dad and mom and sister, and he tells that story with nice tenderness. Martin additionally paints a portrait of his occasions: the period of free love and protests in opposition to the struggle in Vietnam, the heady irreverence of The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour within the late 60s, and the transformative new voice of Saturday Evening Stay within the 70s.
- Download Audiobook Neverwhere: A BBC Radio Full-Cast Dramatisation by Neil Gaiman in English
- Download Audiobook The Steal Like an Artist Audio Trilogy: How to Be Creative, Show Your Work, and Keep Going by Austin Kleon in English
- Download Audiobook Is This Anything? by Jerry Seinfeld in English
- Download Audiobook Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman in English
- Download Audiobook How to Tell a Story: The Essential Guide to Memorable Storytelling from The Moth by The Moth in English
- Download Audiobook Coal Miner’s Daughter by Loretta Lynn in English