“I’m James Taylor and I’m knowledgeable autobiographer”, says the celebrated folks singer firstly of this tender audio memoir. By way of a long time of music by one of many best-selling musicians of all time, who created classics like “Hearth and Rain” and “Carolina in My Thoughts”, James Taylor has doled out his historical past within the poetry of his work. Taylor says his youth is, “the supply of lots of my songs”, and Break Shot is a tour of his first 21 years in wealthy, new element. Praised by Forbes journal as going “past the spoken phrase”, Break Shot combines storytelling, music and efficiency to create a one-of-a-kind listening expertise. Longtime followers will savor a crop of musical gems, together with an unreleased recording of the beloved hymn “Jerusalem”, alternatives from his latest launch American Customary, in addition to new authentic scoring by Taylor specifically recorded for Break Shot and extra from the Grammy Award-winning artist.Recorded in his house studio, The Barn in western Massachusetts, Taylor tells the deeply private story of his youth, which is entwined with the story of his household. What began as an idyllic tight unit quickly grew to become a household despatched to totally different emotional corners – like a break shot within the sport of pool, he says, whenever you slam the cue ball into the fifteen different balls and so they all go flying off. By the point Taylor launched his breakout second album in 1970, Candy Child James, he had seen the disintegration of his dad and mom’ marriage and his household crumble within the aftermath. He had dedicated himself twice to a psychiatric hospital, battled melancholy, a heroin habit, suffered a relapse, and traveled distant from the wooden smoke and moonshine of the North Carolina landscapes by which he got here of age. Regardless of all of it, he was additionally on the cusp of super-stardom and on his approach to bringing mild and pleasure to hundreds of thousands. He was 21.Journey with James Taylor to a time earlier than he grew to become a Rock and Roll Corridor of Fame and Songwriters Corridor of Fame inductee, a recipient of the Kennedy Heart Honors and each the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Nationwide Medal of Arts – and a beloved voice to hundreds of thousands.
- Download Audiobook Neverwhere: A BBC Radio Full-Cast Dramatisation by Neil Gaiman in English
- Download Audiobook The Steal Like an Artist Audio Trilogy: How to Be Creative, Show Your Work, and Keep Going by Austin Kleon in English
- Download Audiobook Is This Anything? by Jerry Seinfeld in English
- Download Audiobook Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman in English
- Download Audiobook How to Tell a Story: The Essential Guide to Memorable Storytelling from The Moth by The Moth in English
- Download Audiobook Coal Miner’s Daughter by Loretta Lynn in English