From legendary Brazilian jujitsu and MMA grasp Rickson Gracie comes a riveting, insightful memoir that weaves collectively the story of Gracie’s beautiful profession with the bigger historical past of the Gracie household dynasty and the founding of the Final Preventing Championship, exhibiting how the connection between thoughts and physique might be harnessed for achievement each inside and out of doors the ring.Undefeated from the late Nineteen Seventies by his last struggle within the Tokyo Dome in 2000, Rickson Gracie amassed lots of of victories on the street, on the mat, on the seaside, and within the ring. He has joined the pantheon that features Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, and Jackie Chan as one of the vital well-known martial artists of the twentieth century. Jujitsu, the combating fashion developed and pioneered by his household, has grow to be one of many world’s most outstanding martial arts, and Vale Tudo, the “something goes” fashion of Brazilian avenue combating over which the Gracies had a monopoly, was an early precursor to the Final Preventing Championship. Merely put, with out the Gracie household, there could be no sport of “MMA”, no four-billion-dollar UFC empire, and no “Brazilian jujitsu” at strip malls all throughout America.In Breathe, for the primary time, Rickson will share the complete story of how his father and uncles got here to develop jujitsu, what it was prefer to develop up amongst a number of generations of world-renowned fighters from the Gracie clan, and the ideas and abilities that guided him to his undefeated file. From studying to say himself on the streets of Rio to gaining fame and honor in Japan and rising by heartbreaking tragedy, the martial arts grasp shares tales of overcoming challenges, extolling common virtues and exhibiting listeners how satisfaction and ego are the enemies of success. With profound insights into the game and lifestyle that solely a studied legend can present, Breathe is an entertaining and magnified view of a permanent legacy in addition to an inspiring story of weathering life’s complexities and overcoming them with fashion and beauty.Supplemental enhancement PDF accompanies the audiobook. PLEASE NOTE: Once you buy this title, the accompanying PDF shall be accessible in your Audible Library together with the audio.
- Download Audiobook Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story by Arnold Schwarzenegger in English
- Download Audiobook Be Water, My Friend: The Teachings of Bruce Lee by Shannon Lee in English
- Download Audiobook The High Sierra: A Love Story by Kim Stanley Robinson in English
- Download Audiobook Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi in English
- Download Audiobook The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance by W. Timothy Gallwey in English
- Download Audiobook The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt’s Darkest Journey by Candice Millard in English