Michael Pollan, identified for his best-selling nonfiction audio, together with The Omnivores Dilemma and The way to Change Your Thoughts, conceived and wrote Caffeine: How Caffeine Created the Trendy World as an Audible Authentic. On this controversial and thrilling hear, Pollan explores caffeine’s energy because the most-used drug on this planet – and the one one we give to kids (in soda pop) as a deal with.Pollan takes us on a journey by means of the historical past of the drug, which was first found in a small a part of East Africa and inside a century grew to become an dependancy affecting a lot of the human species. Caffeine, it seems, has modified the course of human historical past – received and misplaced wars, modified politics, dominated economies. What’s extra, the creator reveals that the Industrial Revolution would have been unimaginable with out it. The science of how the drug has developed to addict us isn’t any much less fascinating. And caffeine has carried out all this stuff whereas hiding in plain sight! Percolated with Michael Pollan’s distinctive potential to entertain, inform, and carry out, Caffeine is important listening in a world the place an estimated two billion cups of espresso are consumed each day.
- Download Audiobook Funny Farm: My Unexpected Life with 600 Rescue Animals by Laurie Zaleski in English
- Download Audiobook The Power of Positive Dog Training by Pat Miller in English
- Download Audiobook How to Grow Psilocybin Mushrooms at Home: The Home Cultivation Guide of Psychedelic & Hallucinogenic Psilocybin Magic Mushrooms, Doses Preparation, Safe Use, Side Effects and Benefits by John Bryant in English
- Download Audiobook The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt in English
- Download Audiobook All Creatures Great and Small: The Warm and Joyful Memoirs of the World’s Most Beloved Animal Doctor by James Herriot in English
- Download Audiobook The Lord God Made Them All by James Herriot in English