Michael Pollan, recognized for his best-selling nonfiction audio, together with The Omnivores Dilemma and The right way to Change Your Thoughts, conceived and wrote Caffeine: How Caffeine Created the Fashionable World as an Audible Unique. On this controversial and thrilling pay attention, Pollan explores caffeine’s energy because the most-used drug on this planet – and the one one we give to youngsters (in soda pop) as a deal with.Pollan takes us on a journey by way of the historical past of the drug, which was first found in a small a part of East Africa and inside a century turned an habit affecting a lot of the human species. Caffeine, it seems, has modified the course of human historical past – gained and misplaced wars, modified politics, dominated economies. What’s extra, the writer reveals that the Industrial Revolution would have been unimaginable with out it. The science of how the drug has developed to addict us is not any much less fascinating. And caffeine has executed all this stuff whereas hiding in plain sight! Percolated with Michael Pollan’s distinctive potential to entertain, inform, and carry out, Caffeine is crucial listening in a world the place an estimated two billion cups of espresso are consumed day-after-day.
- Download Audiobook Whiskey in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon in English
- Download Audiobook The Other End of the Leash: Why We Do What We Do Around Dogs by Patricia McConnell PhD in English
- Download Audiobook Somebody Feed Phil the Book: Untold Stories, Behind-the-Scenes Photos and Favorite Recipes: A Cookbook by Phil Rosenthal in English
- Download Audiobook The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter by Margareta Magnusson in English
- Download Audiobook Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by Marie Kondo in English
- Download Audiobook Order from Chaos: The Everyday Grind of Staying Organized with Adult ADHD by Jaclyn Paul in English