2020 Audie Finalist As concise and enlightening as Seven Temporary Classes on Physics and Astrophysics for Folks in a Hurry, this mind-expanding dive into the thriller of consciousness is an illuminating meditation on the self, free will, and felt expertise. What’s consciousness? How does it come up? And why does it exist? We take our expertise of being on the earth as a right. However the very existence of consciousness raises profound questions: Why would any assortment of matter within the universe be aware? How can we take into consideration this? And why ought to we? On this splendidly accessible audiobook, Annaka Harris guides us by the evolving definitions, philosophies, and scientific findings that probe our restricted understanding of consciousness. The place does it reside, and what offers rise to it? Might it’s an phantasm, or a common property of all matter? As we attempt to perceive consciousness, we should grapple with the way to outline it and, within the age of synthetic intelligence, who or what would possibly possess it. Acutely aware presents full of life and difficult arguments that alter our concepts about consciousness – permitting us to assume freely about it for ourselves, if certainly we are able to.
- Download Audiobook The Molecule of More: How a Single Chemical in Your Brain Drives Love, Sex, and Creativity – And Will Determine the Fate of the Human Race by Daniel Z. Lieberman MD in English
- Download Audiobook Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital by Sheri Fink in English
- Download Audiobook Finding the Mother Tree: Discovering the Wisdom of the Forest by Suzanne Simard in English
- Download Audiobook The Metaverse: And How It Will Revolutionize Everything by Matthew Ball in English
- Download Audiobook The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan in English
- Download Audiobook Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law by Mary Roach in English