This superbly written, heartfelt memoir touched a nerve amongst each readers and reviewers. Elizabeth Gilbert tells how she made the tough selection to depart behind all the trimmings of contemporary American success (marriage, home within the nation, profession) and discover, as an alternative, what she actually needed from life. Setting out for a yr to review three completely different features of her nature amid three completely different cultures, Gilbert explored the artwork of delight in Italy and the artwork of devotion in India, after which a steadiness between the 2 on the Indonesian island of Bali. By turns rapturous and rueful, this smart and humorous creator (whom Booklist calls “Anne Lamott’s hip, yoga- working towards, footloose youthful sister”) is poised to garner but extra adoring followers.
- Download Audiobook H.M.S. Surprise: Aubrey/Maturin Series, Book 3 by Patrick O’Brian in English
- Download Audiobook Bill Bryson Collector’s Edition: Notes from a Small Island, Neither Here Nor There, and I’m a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson in English
- Download Audiobook Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road by Neil Peart in English
- Download Audiobook A Most Remarkable Creature: The Hidden Life and Epic Journey of the World’s Smartest Birds of Prey by Jonathan Meiburg in English
- Download Audiobook London: The Biography by Peter Ackroyd in English
- Download Audiobook Guía mágica del Camino de Santiago: Un viaje en busca de lo mágico y lo sagrado en el camino de las estrellas by Francisco Contreras Gil in English