Which is extra harmful: a gun or a swimming pool? What do schoolteachers and sumo wrestlers have in widespread? Why do drug sellers nonetheless stay with their mothers? How a lot do mother and father actually matter? How did the legalization of abortion have an effect on the speed of violent crime?These might not sound like typical questions for an economist to ask. However Steven D. Levitt shouldn’t be a typical economist. He’s a much-heralded scholar who research the riddles of on a regular basis life, from dishonest and crime to sports activities and child-rearing, and whose conclusions flip the standard knowledge on its head. Thus the brand new subject of research contained on this audiobook: Freakonomics.Levitt and co-author Stephen J. Dubner present that economics is, at root, the research of incentives: how folks get what they need, or want, particularly when different folks need or want the identical factor. In Freakonomics, they discover the hidden facet of…nicely, every little thing. The internal working of a crack gang…the reality about real-estate brokers…the secrets and techniques of the Klu Klux Klan.What unites all these tales is a perception that the trendy world is much more intriguing than we predict. All it takes is a brand new approach of trying, and Freakonomics will redefine the way in which we view the trendy world.
- Download Audiobook Hustle Harder, Hustle Smarter by Curtis 50 Cent Jackson in English
- Download Audiobook Money: Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom by Tony Robbins in English
- Download Audiobook The Intelligent Investor Rev Ed. by Benjamin Graham in English
- Download Audiobook The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Smart Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing by Brandon Turner in English
- Download Audiobook Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio in English
- Download Audiobook Get Good with Money: Ten Simple Steps to Becoming Financially Whole by Tiffany the Budgetnista Aliche in English