Which is extra harmful: a gun or a swimming pool? What do schoolteachers and sumo wrestlers have in widespread? Why do drug sellers nonetheless dwell with their mothers? How a lot do mother and father actually matter? How did the legalization of abortion have an effect on the speed of violent crime?These could not sound like typical questions for an economist to ask. However Steven D. Levitt shouldn’t be a typical economist. He’s a much-heralded scholar who research the riddles of on a regular basis life, from dishonest and crime to sports activities and child-rearing, and whose conclusions flip the standard knowledge on its head. Thus the brand new subject of examine contained on this audiobook: Freakonomics.Levitt and co-author Stephen J. Dubner present that economics is, at root, the examine of incentives: how individuals get what they need, or want, particularly when different individuals need or want the identical factor. In Freakonomics, they discover the hidden facet of…properly, every thing. The inside working of a crack gang…the reality about real-estate brokers…the secrets and techniques of the Klu Klux Klan.What unites all these tales is a perception that the fashionable world is much more intriguing than we predict. All it takes is a brand new means of trying, and Freakonomics will redefine the way in which we view the fashionable world.
- Download Audiobook The Molecule of More: How a Single Chemical in Your Brain Drives Love, Sex, and Creativity – And Will Determine the Fate of the Human Race by Daniel Z. Lieberman MD in English
- Download Audiobook Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital by Sheri Fink in English
- Download Audiobook Finding the Mother Tree: Discovering the Wisdom of the Forest by Suzanne Simard in English
- Download Audiobook The Metaverse: And How It Will Revolutionize Everything by Matthew Ball in English
- Download Audiobook The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan in English
- Download Audiobook Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law by Mary Roach in English