On this must-listen e-book for anybody striving to succeed, pioneering psychologist Angela Duckworth exhibits dad and mom, educators, college students, and businesspeople – each seasoned and new – that the key to excellent achievement is just not expertise however a targeted persistence known as “grit”. Why do some individuals succeed and others fail? Sharing new insights from her landmark analysis on grit, MacArthur “genius” Angela Duckworth explains why expertise is hardly a guarantor of success. Relatively, different components might be much more essential, equivalent to figuring out our passions and following by way of on our commitments. Drawing on her personal highly effective story because the daughter of a scientist who ceaselessly bemoaned her lack of smarts, Duckworth describes her winding path by way of instructing, enterprise consulting, and neuroscience, which led to the speculation that what actually drives success is just not genius however a particular mix of ardour and long-term perseverance. As a professor on the College of Pennsylvania, Duckworth created her personal “character lab” and got down to check her idea. Right here, she takes listeners into the sector to go to lecturers working in a few of the hardest faculties, cadets struggling by way of their first days at West Level, and younger finalists within the Nationwide Spelling Bee. She additionally mines fascinating insights from historical past and exhibits what might be gleaned from fashionable experiments in peak efficiency. Lastly, she shares what she’s realized from interviewing dozens of excessive achievers – from J.P. Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon to the cartoon editor of The New Yorker to Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll. Winningly private, insightful, and even life altering, Grit is a e-book about what goes by way of your head once you fall down and the way that – not expertise or luck – makes all of the distinction.
- Download Audiobook On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King in English
- Download Audiobook The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure by Jonathan Haidt in English
- Download Audiobook Scattered: How Attention Deficit Disorder Originates and What You Can Do About It by Gabor Maté MD in English
- Download Audiobook Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth in English
- Download Audiobook Learn Spanish with Paul Noble for Beginners – Complete Course: Spanish Made Easy with Your Personal Language Coach by Paul Noble in English
- Download Audiobook Smart Brevity: The Power of Saying More with Less by Jim VandeHei in English