On this must-listen ebook for anybody striving to succeed, pioneering psychologist Angela Duckworth reveals mother and father, educators, college students, and businesspeople – each seasoned and new – that the key to excellent achievement is just not expertise however a centered persistence referred to as “grit”. Why do some individuals succeed and others fail? Sharing new insights from her landmark analysis on grit, MacArthur “genius” Angela Duckworth explains why expertise is hardly a guarantor of success. Fairly, different elements could be much more essential, corresponding to figuring out our passions and following by means of on our commitments. Drawing on her personal highly effective story because the daughter of a scientist who incessantly bemoaned her lack of smarts, Duckworth describes her winding path by means of educating, enterprise consulting, and neuroscience, which led to the speculation that what actually drives success is just not genius however a particular mix of ardour and long-term perseverance. As a professor on the College of Pennsylvania, Duckworth created her personal “character lab” and got down to check her concept. Right here, she takes listeners into the sector to go to lecturers working in among the hardest faculties, cadets struggling by means of their first days at West Level, and younger finalists within the Nationwide Spelling Bee. She additionally mines fascinating insights from historical past and reveals what could be gleaned from fashionable experiments in peak efficiency. Lastly, she shares what she’s realized from interviewing dozens of excessive achievers – from J.P. Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon to the cartoon editor of The New Yorker to Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll. Winningly private, insightful, and even life altering, Grit is a ebook about what goes by means of your head if you fall down and the way that – not expertise or luck – makes all of the distinction.
- Download Audiobook Story: Substance, Structure, Style, and the Principles of Screenwriting by Robert McKee in English
- Download Audiobook Permission to Feel: Unlocking the Power of Emotions to Help Our Kids, Ourselves, and Our Society Thrive by Marc Brackett in English
- Download Audiobook Frog and Toad Audio Collection by Arnold Lobel in English
- Download Audiobook The Bad Beginning, A Multi-Voice Recording: A Series of Unfortunate Events #1 by Lemony Snicket in English
- Download Audiobook Newsroom Confidential: Lessons (and Worries) from an Ink-Stained Life by Margaret Sullivan in English
- Download Audiobook Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most by Douglas Stone in English