On this must-listen guide for anybody striving to succeed, pioneering psychologist Angela Duckworth exhibits dad and mom, educators, college students, and businesspeople – each seasoned and new – that the key to excellent achievement shouldn’t be expertise however a centered persistence referred to as “grit”. Why do some individuals succeed and others fail? Sharing new insights from her landmark analysis on grit, MacArthur “genius” Angela Duckworth explains why expertise is hardly a guarantor of success. Fairly, different components may be much more essential, comparable to figuring out our passions and following by way of on our commitments. Drawing on her personal highly effective story because the daughter of a scientist who steadily bemoaned her lack of smarts, Duckworth describes her winding path by way of educating, enterprise consulting, and neuroscience, which led to the speculation that what actually drives success shouldn’t be genius however a particular mix of ardour and long-term perseverance. As a professor on the College of Pennsylvania, Duckworth created her personal “character lab” and got down to take a look at her idea. Right here, she takes listeners into the sphere to go to lecturers working in among the hardest faculties, cadets struggling by way of their first days at West Level, and younger finalists within the Nationwide Spelling Bee. She additionally mines fascinating insights from historical past and exhibits what may be gleaned from trendy experiments in peak efficiency. Lastly, she shares what she’s realized from interviewing dozens of excessive achievers – from J.P. Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon to the cartoon editor of The New Yorker to Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll. Winningly private, insightful, and even life altering, Grit is a guide about what goes by way of your head whenever you fall down and the way that – not expertise or luck – makes all of the distinction.
- Download Audiobook How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence by Michael Pollan in English
- Download Audiobook Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth in English
- Download Audiobook Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook How to Do the Work: Recognize Your Patterns, Heal from Your Past, and Create Your Self by Dr. Nicole LePera in English
- Download Audiobook Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself by Melody Beattie in English
- Download Audiobook From Strength to Strength: Finding Success, Happiness, and Deep Purpose in the Second Half of Life by Arthur C. Brooks in English