On this must-listen e book for anybody striving to succeed, pioneering psychologist Angela Duckworth reveals mother and father, educators, college students, and businesspeople – each seasoned and new – that the key to excellent achievement isn’t expertise however a centered persistence referred to as “grit”. Why do some folks succeed and others fail? Sharing new insights from her landmark analysis on grit, MacArthur “genius” Angela Duckworth explains why expertise is hardly a guarantor of success. Moderately, different elements will be much more essential, reminiscent of figuring out our passions and following by way of on our commitments. Drawing on her personal highly effective story because the daughter of a scientist who steadily bemoaned her lack of smarts, Duckworth describes her winding path by way of educating, enterprise consulting, and neuroscience, which led to the speculation that what actually drives success isn’t genius however a particular mix of ardour and long-term perseverance. As a professor on the College of Pennsylvania, Duckworth created her personal “character lab” and got down to check her principle. Right here, she takes listeners into the sector to go to academics working in a few of the hardest faculties, cadets struggling by way of their first days at West Level, and younger finalists within the Nationwide Spelling Bee. She additionally mines fascinating insights from historical past and reveals what will be gleaned from fashionable experiments in peak efficiency. Lastly, she shares what she’s discovered from interviewing dozens of excessive achievers – from J.P. Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon to the cartoon editor of The New Yorker to Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll. Winningly private, insightful, and even life altering, Grit is a e book about what goes by way of your head whenever you fall down and the way that – not expertise or luck – makes all of the distinction.
- Download Audiobook How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie in English
- Download Audiobook The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel A. van der Kolk in English
- Download Audiobook The Myth of Normal: Trauma, Illness, and Healing in a Toxic Culture by Gabor Maté in English
- Download Audiobook Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear in English
- Download Audiobook Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself by Melody Beattie in English
- Download Audiobook Scattered: How Attention Deficit Disorder Originates and What You Can Do About It by Gabor Maté MD in English