On this must-listen e-book for anybody striving to succeed, pioneering psychologist Angela Duckworth reveals dad and mom, educators, college students, and businesspeople – each seasoned and new – that the key to excellent achievement is just not expertise however a targeted persistence known as “grit”. Why do some folks succeed and others fail? Sharing new insights from her landmark analysis on grit, MacArthur “genius” Angela Duckworth explains why expertise is hardly a guarantor of success. Quite, different components might be much more essential, corresponding to figuring out our passions and following by way of on our commitments. Drawing on her personal highly effective story because the daughter of a scientist who ceaselessly bemoaned her lack of smarts, Duckworth describes her winding path by way of educating, enterprise consulting, and neuroscience, which led to the speculation that what actually drives success is just not genius however a particular mix of ardour and long-term perseverance. As a professor on the College of Pennsylvania, Duckworth created her personal “character lab” and got down to take a look at her concept. Right here, she takes listeners into the sphere to go to lecturers working in a few of the hardest colleges, cadets struggling by way of their first days at West Level, and younger finalists within the Nationwide Spelling Bee. She additionally mines fascinating insights from historical past and reveals what might be gleaned from trendy experiments in peak efficiency. Lastly, she shares what she’s discovered from interviewing dozens of excessive achievers – from J.P. Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon to the cartoon editor of The New Yorker to Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll. Winningly private, insightful, and even life altering, Grit is a e-book about what goes by way of your head while you fall down and the way that – not expertise or luck – makes all of the distinction.
- Download Audiobook Battle for the American Mind: Uprooting a Century of Miseducation by Pete Hegseth in English
- Download Audiobook On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King in English
- Download Audiobook Scattered: How Attention Deficit Disorder Originates and What You Can Do About It by Gabor Maté MD in English
- Download Audiobook The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure by Jonathan Haidt in English
- Download Audiobook Learn Spanish with Paul Noble for Beginners – Complete Course: Spanish Made Easy with Your Personal Language Coach by Paul Noble in English
- Download Audiobook Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth in English