Pulitzer Prize, Common Nonfiction, 1998Guns, Germs and Metal examines the rise of civilization and the problems its growth has raised all through historical past. Having achieved subject work in New Guinea for greater than 30 years, Jared Diamond presents the geographical and ecological components which have formed the trendy world. From the perspective of an evolutionary biologist, he highlights the broadest actions each literal and conceptual on each continent for the reason that Ice Age, and examines societal advances equivalent to writing, faith, authorities, and expertise. Diamond additionally dissects racial theories of worldwide historical past, and the ensuing work—Weapons, Germs and Metal—is a serious contribution to our understanding the evolution of human societies.
- Download Audiobook Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook American Psychosis: A Historical Investigation of How the Republican Party Went Crazy by David Corn in English
- Download Audiobook White Fear: How the Browning of America Is Making White Folks Lose Their Minds by Roland S. Martin in English
- Download Audiobook The Bomber Mafia: A Dream, a Temptation, and the Longest Night of the Second World War by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook Born to Be Hanged: The Epic Story of the Gentlemen Pirates Who Raided the South Seas, Rescued a Princess, and Stole a Fortune by Keith Thomson in English
- Download Audiobook Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow in English