Pulitzer Prize, Common Nonfiction, 1998Guns, Germs and Metal examines the rise of civilization and the problems its growth has raised all through historical past. Having achieved subject work in New Guinea for greater than 30 years, Jared Diamond presents the geographical and ecological components which have formed the trendy world. From the perspective of an evolutionary biologist, he highlights the broadest actions each literal and conceptual on each continent for the reason that Ice Age, and examines societal advances equivalent to writing, faith, authorities, and expertise. Diamond additionally dissects racial theories of worldwide historical past, and the ensuing work—Weapons, Germs and Metal—is a serious contribution to our understanding the evolution of human societies.
- Download Audiobook Diana: Her True Story – in Her Own Words by Andrew Morton in English
- Download Audiobook The Big Truth: Upholding Democracy in the Age of “The Big Lie” by Major Garrett in English
- Download Audiobook Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing in English
- Download Audiobook The Bomber Mafia: A Dream, a Temptation, and the Longest Night of the Second World War by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook The Giant Killer: American Hero, Mercenary, Spy… The Incredible True Story of the Smallest Man to Serve in the U.S. Military – Green Beret Captain Richard J. Flaherty by David A. Yuzuk in English