Yuval Noah Harari, writer of the critically acclaimed New York Occasions finest vendor and worldwide phenomenon Sapiens, returns with an equally authentic, compelling, and provocative guide, turning his focus towards humanity’s future and our quest to improve people into gods. Over the previous century, humankind has managed to do the not possible and rein in famine, plague, and battle. This will likely appear arduous to simply accept, however as Harari explains in his trademark type – thorough but riveting – famine, plague, and battle have been remodeled from incomprehensible and uncontrollable forces of nature into manageable challenges. For the primary time ever, extra individuals die from consuming an excessive amount of than from consuming too little; extra individuals die from outdated age than from infectious illnesses; and extra individuals commit suicide than are killed by troopers, terrorists, and criminals put collectively. The typical American is 1,000 occasions extra more likely to die from binging at McDonalds than from being blown up by Al Qaeda. What then will exchange famine, plague, and battle on the high of the human agenda? Because the self-made gods of planet Earth, what destinies will we set ourselves, and which quests will we undertake? Homo Deus explores the initiatives, goals, and nightmares that may form the twenty first century – from overcoming loss of life to creating synthetic life. It asks the basic questions: The place will we go from right here? And the way will we shield this fragile world from our personal harmful powers? That is the following stage of evolution. That is Homo Deus. With the identical perception and readability that made Sapiens a global hit and a New York Occasions finest vendor, Harari maps out our future.
- Download Audiobook The 1619 Project: A New Origin Story by Nikole Hannah-Jones in English
- Download Audiobook The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson in English
- Download Audiobook Guns, Germs and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies by Jared Diamond in English
- Download Audiobook A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson in English
- Download Audiobook Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History by S. C. Gwynne in English
- Download Audiobook Mythos by Stephen Fry in English