A galvanizing critique of the forces vying for our consideration – and our private info – that redefines what we consider as productiveness, reconnects us with the setting, and divulges all that we have been too distracted to see about ourselves and our world Nothing is more durable to do as of late than nothing. However in a world the place our price is set by our 24/7 information productiveness . . . doing nothing could also be our most essential type of resistance. So argues artist and critic Jenny Odell on this discipline information to doing nothing (at the least as capitalism defines it). Odell sees our consideration as probably the most treasured – and overdrawn – useful resource we’ve. As soon as we are able to begin paying a brand new form of consideration, she writes, we are able to undertake bolder types of political motion, reimagine humankind’s position within the setting, and arrive at extra significant understandings of happiness and progress. Removed from the straightforward anti-technology screed, or the back-to-nature meditation we hear so typically, The best way to Do Nothing is an motion plan for considering exterior of capitalist narratives of effectivity and techno-determinism. Provocative, well timed, and totally persuasive, this e book is a four-course meal within the age of Soylent.
- Download Audiobook Cybersecurity for Dummies by Joseph Steinberg in English
- Download Audiobook Fundamentals of Software Architecture: An Engineering Approach by Mark Richards in English
- Download Audiobook The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr in English
- Download Audiobook The Art of Invisibility: The World’s Most Famous Hacker Teaches You How to Be Safe in the Age of Big Brother and Big Data by Kevin Mitnick in English
- Download Audiobook Staff Engineer: Leadership Beyond the Management Track by Will Larson in English
- Download Audiobook Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism by Safiya Umoja Noble in English