Certainly one of our biggest philosophers and scientists of the thoughts asks the place the self comes from – and the way our selves can exist within the minds of others. Can thought come up out of matter? Can self, soul, consciousness, “I” come up out of mere matter? If it can’t, then how will you or I be right here? I Am a Unusual Loop argues that the important thing to understanding selves and consciousness is the “unusual loop” – a particular type of summary suggestions loop inhabiting our brains. Probably the most central and complicated image in your mind is the one known as “I”. The “I” is the nexus in our mind, certainly one of many symbols seeming to have free will and to have gained the paradoxical capability to push particles round, fairly than the reverse. How can a mysterious abstraction be actual – or is our “I” merely a handy fiction? Does an “I” exert real energy over the particles in our mind, or is it helplessly pushed round by the legal guidelines of physics? These are the mysteries tackled in I Am a Unusual Loop, Douglas Hofstadter’s first book-length journey into philosophy since Gödel, Escher, Bach. Compulsively listenable and endlessly thought-provoking, it is a transferring and profound inquiry into the character of thoughts.PLEASE NOTE: If you buy this title, the accompanying PDF can be out there in your Audible Library together with the audio.
- Download Audiobook The Molecule of More: How a Single Chemical in Your Brain Drives Love, Sex, and Creativity – And Will Determine the Fate of the Human Race by Daniel Z. Lieberman MD in English
- Download Audiobook Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital by Sheri Fink in English
- Download Audiobook Finding the Mother Tree: Discovering the Wisdom of the Forest by Suzanne Simard in English
- Download Audiobook The Metaverse: And How It Will Revolutionize Everything by Matthew Ball in English
- Download Audiobook The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan in English
- Download Audiobook Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law by Mary Roach in English