This love letter to the cities of the world—from the airline pilot–creator of Skyfaring—is “a journey round each the creator’s thoughts and the planet’s nice cities that leaves us energized, open to new experiences and able to return extra hopefully to our lives” (Alain de Botton, creator of The Artwork of Journey).In his small New England hometown, Mark Vanhoenacker spent his childhood dreaming of elsewhere—of the distant, actual cities he discovered on the illuminated globe in his bed room, and of 1 excellent metropolis that existed solely in his creativeness. These cities have been the sources of countless consolation and escape, and of an enduring fascination. Streets unspooled, towers shone, and nameless crowds bustled within the locations the place Mark hoped he may sometime be anybody—maybe even himself. Now, as a business airline pilot, Mark has spent practically 20 years crossing the skies of our planet and touching down in dozens of the storied cities he imagined as a toddler. He experiences these locations throughout transient stays that he repeats month after month and 12 months after 12 months, giving him an unconventional and uniquely vivid perspective on the locations that type our city world. On this intimate but expansive work that weaves travelogue with memoir, Mark celebrates the cities he has come to know and to like, by the lens of the hometown his coronary heart has by no means fairly left. As he explores emblematic sides of every metropolis’s identification—the street indicators of Los Angeles, the outdated gates of Jeddah, the snowy streets of Sapporo—he reveals us with heat and contemporary eyes the extraordinary locations that billions of us name dwelling.
- Download Audiobook AWOL on the Appalachian Trail by David Miller in English
- Download Audiobook Cry of the Kalahari by Mark Owens in English
- Download Audiobook World Travel: An Irreverent Guide by Anthony Bourdain in English
- Download Audiobook The Ridiculous Misadventures of a Single Girl: Eat, Pray, #FML, Book 2 by Gabrielle Stone in English
- Download Audiobook In the Kingdom of Ice: The Grand and Terrible Polar Voyage of the USS Jeannette by Hampton Sides in English
- Download Audiobook Ranger Confidential: Living, Working, and Dying in the National Parks by Andrea Lankford in English