This “wickedly pacey page-turner” (Complete Movie) unfurls the behind-the-scenes story of the making of The Godfather, 50 years after the basic movie’s authentic launch.The story of how The Godfather was made is as dramatic, operatic, and entertaining because the movie itself. Over time, many variations of varied facets of the film’s fiery creation have been advised – generally conflicting, however all the time compelling. Mark Seal sifts via the proof, has intensive new conversations with director Francis Ford Coppola and several other heretofore silent sources, and enhances them with colourful interviews with key gamers together with actors Al Pacino, James Caan, Talia Shire, and others to write down “the definitive have a look at the making of an American basic” (Library Journal, starred evaluation).On high of the standard issues of filmmaking, the creators of The Godfather needed to cope with the real-life members of its subject material: the Mob. Throughout manufacturing of the film, location permits had been inexplicably revoked, creator Mario Puzo bought right into a public brawl with an irate Frank Sinatra, producer Al Ruddy’s automobile was discovered riddled with bullets, males with “connections” vied to be within the forged, and a few got movie roles.As Seal notes, that is the story of a “film that revolutionized filmmaking, saved Paramount Footage, minted a brand new technology of film stars, made its struggling creator Mario Puzo wealthy and well-known, and sparked a conflict between two of the mightiest powers in America: the sharks of Hollywood and the very best echelons of the Mob.”“For followers of books about moviemaking, it is a particular must-read” (Booklist).
- Download Audiobook Neverwhere: A BBC Radio Full-Cast Dramatisation by Neil Gaiman in English
- Download Audiobook The Steal Like an Artist Audio Trilogy: How to Be Creative, Show Your Work, and Keep Going by Austin Kleon in English
- Download Audiobook Is This Anything? by Jerry Seinfeld in English
- Download Audiobook Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman in English
- Download Audiobook How to Tell a Story: The Essential Guide to Memorable Storytelling from The Moth by The Moth in English
- Download Audiobook Coal Miner’s Daughter by Loretta Lynn in English