This “wickedly pacey page-turner” (Complete Movie) unfurls the behind-the-scenes story of the making of The Godfather, 50 years after the basic movie’s unique launch.The story of how The Godfather was made is as dramatic, operatic, and entertaining because the movie itself. Through the years, many variations of varied points of the film’s fiery creation have been informed – typically conflicting, however at all times compelling. Mark Seal sifts via the proof, has in depth new conversations with director Francis Ford Coppola and a number of other heretofore silent sources, and enhances them with colourful interviews with key gamers together with actors Al Pacino, James Caan, Talia Shire, and others to put in writing “the definitive have a look at the making of an American basic” (Library Journal, starred overview).On high of the standard problems of filmmaking, the creators of The Godfather needed to deal with the real-life members of its material: the Mob. Throughout manufacturing of the film, location permits had been inexplicably revoked, creator Mario Puzo received right into a public brawl with an irate Frank Sinatra, producer Al Ruddy’s automotive was discovered riddled with bullets, males with “connections” vied to be within the solid, and a few got movie roles.As Seal notes, that is the story of a “film that revolutionized filmmaking, saved Paramount Photos, minted a brand new technology of film stars, made its struggling creator Mario Puzo wealthy and well-known, and sparked a warfare between two of the mightiest powers in America: the sharks of Hollywood and the best echelons of the Mob.”“For followers of books about moviemaking, this can be a particular must-read” (Booklist).
- Download Audiobook Neverwhere: A BBC Radio Full-Cast Dramatisation by Neil Gaiman in English
- Download Audiobook The Steal Like an Artist Audio Trilogy: How to Be Creative, Show Your Work, and Keep Going by Austin Kleon in English
- Download Audiobook Is This Anything? by Jerry Seinfeld in English
- Download Audiobook Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman in English
- Download Audiobook How to Tell a Story: The Essential Guide to Memorable Storytelling from The Moth by The Moth in English
- Download Audiobook Coal Miner’s Daughter by Loretta Lynn in English