An thrilling scientific journey from the times of wood ships and iron males, LONGITUDE is filled with heroism and chicanery, brilliance and the absurd. Additionally it is a charming transient historical past of astronomy, navigation and clockmaking.Through the nice ages of exploration, “the longitude drawback” was the gravest of all scientific challenges. Missing the flexibility to find out their longitude, sailors had been actually misplaced at sea as quickly as they overlooked land. Ships ran aground on rocky shores; these touring well-known routes had been simple prey to pirates.In 1714, England’s Parliament provided an enormous reward to anybody whose technique of measuring longitude could possibly be confirmed profitable. The scientific establishment–from Galileo to Sir Isaac Newton–had mapped the heavens in its certainty of a celestial reply. In stark distinction, one man, John Harrison, dared to think about a mechanical solution–a clock that may maintain exact time at sea, one thing no clock had been capable of do on land. And the race was on….
- Download Audiobook The YouTube Formula: How Anyone Can Unlock the Algorithm to Drive Views, Build an Audience, and Grow Revenue by Derral Eves in English
- Download Audiobook Proof of Stake: The Making of Ethereum and the Philosophy of Blockchains by Vitalik Buterin in English
- Download Audiobook The Metaverse: And How It Will Revolutionize Everything by Matthew Ball in English
- Download Audiobook Building a Second Brain: A Proven Method to Organize Your Digital Life and Unlock Your Creative Potential by Tiago Forte in English
- Download Audiobook Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance in English
- Download Audiobook Fanatical Prospecting: The Ultimate Guide for Starting Sales Conversations and Filling the Pipeline by Leveraging Social Selling, Telephone, E-Mail, and Cold Calling by Jeb Blount in English