What occurs when Paul Simon, extensively thought of one of many biggest songwriters in music historical past, and Malcolm Gladwell, the best-selling writer, sit down collectively, with a tape recorder and a guitar? Miracle and Marvel: Conversations with Paul Simon is an element memoir, half investigation, and in contrast to any inventive portrait you’ve ever heard earlier than. Recorded over a collection of 30 hours of dialog between Simon, Gladwell, and Gladwell’s oldest pal and co-writer, journalist and Damaged Report podcast co-host Bruce Headlam, the dialog flows from Simon’s music, to his childhood in Queens, NY, to his frequent collaborators together with Artwork Garfunkel and the character of creativity itself. Gladwell and Headlam traveled from the mountains of Hawaii to Simon’s personal yard studio to document an artist they’ve idolized since childhood. Woven all through the audiobook is distinctive commentary about Simon’s songwriting alongside archival audio footage and never-before-heard reside studio variations and authentic recordings of beloved hits together with “The Boxer”, “The Sound of Silence”, and “Graceland”. Between conversations, Gladwell deploys his signature mix of historic analysis and social science in an try to grasp how a boy from Forties Queens conjured near-perfect songs over an unbelievable 65-year profession. Alongside the way in which, he gathers reflections on Simon’s explicit genius from the likes of Sting, Herbie Hancock, Renee Fleming, Jeff Tweedy, Aaron Lindsey, and Roseanne Money.The result’s an intimate audio biography of one among America’s hottest songwriters. Brimming with music and dialog, Miracle and Marvel is a window into Simon’s legendary profession, what it means to be alive as an artist, and create work that endures.
- Download Audiobook Neverwhere: A BBC Radio Full-Cast Dramatisation by Neil Gaiman in English
- Download Audiobook The Steal Like an Artist Audio Trilogy: How to Be Creative, Show Your Work, and Keep Going by Austin Kleon in English
- Download Audiobook Is This Anything? by Jerry Seinfeld in English
- Download Audiobook Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman in English
- Download Audiobook How to Tell a Story: The Essential Guide to Memorable Storytelling from The Moth by The Moth in English
- Download Audiobook Coal Miner’s Daughter by Loretta Lynn in English