The inspiring true story of 1 man’s treacherous boyhood journey from a rural village in Ghana to the streets of Barcelona—and the trail that led him dwelling.Ousman Umar is a shaman’s son born in a small village in Ghana. Although his mom died giving delivery, he spent a contented childhood working the fields, setting traps within the jungle, and dwelling off the land. Nonetheless, as unusual and wondrous flying machines crisscrossed the skies overhead, Ousman dreamed of a unique life. And so, when he was solely twelve years previous, he left his village and commenced what could be a five-year journey to Europe.Each step of the way in which, as he traveled throughout the Sahara desert, by means of the daunting metropolises of Accra, Tripoli, Benghazi, and Casablanca, and over the ocean aboard a packed migrant dinghy, Ousman was handed off like merchandise by a unfastened community of smugglers and within the fixed, foreboding firm of “sinkers”: different migrants who discovered themselves penniless and alone on their approach north, unable to continue onward or return dwelling.However on a path rife with violence, exploitation, and racism, Ousman additionally encountered friendship, generosity, and hope. North to Paradise is a visceral true story concerning the stark realities of life alongside essentially the most harmful migrant route throughout Africa; it’s also a portrait of extraordinary resilience within the face of unimaginable challenges, the great thing about kindness in strangers, and the facility of giving again.
- Download Audiobook The High Sierra: A Love Story by Kim Stanley Robinson in English
- Download Audiobook Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi in English
- Download Audiobook The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance by W. Timothy Gallwey in English
- Download Audiobook The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt’s Darkest Journey by Candice Millard in English
- Download Audiobook Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose in English
- Download Audiobook Breathe: A Life in Flow by Rickson Gracie in English