The inspiring true story of 1 man’s treacherous boyhood journey from a rural village in Ghana to the streets of Barcelona—and the trail that led him residence.Ousman Umar is a shaman’s son born in a small village in Ghana. Although his mom died giving start, he spent a contented childhood working the fields, setting traps within the jungle, and residing off the land. Nonetheless, as unusual and wondrous flying machines crisscrossed the skies overhead, Ousman dreamed of a unique life. And so, when he was solely twelve years outdated, he left his village and started what can be a five-year journey to Europe.Each step of the way in which, as he traveled throughout the Sahara desert, by means of the daunting metropolises of Accra, Tripoli, Benghazi, and Casablanca, and over the ocean aboard a packed migrant dinghy, Ousman was handed off like merchandise by a unfastened community of smugglers and within the fixed, foreboding firm of “sinkers”: different migrants who discovered themselves penniless and alone on their means north, unable to continue onward or return residence.However on a path rife with violence, exploitation, and racism, Ousman additionally encountered friendship, generosity, and hope. North to Paradise is a visceral true story in regards to the stark realities of life alongside essentially the most harmful migrant route throughout Africa; it’s also a portrait of extraordinary resilience within the face of unimaginable challenges, the great thing about kindness in strangers, and the facility of giving again.
- Download Audiobook The Mosquito Bowl: A Game of Life and Death in World War II by Buzz Bissinger in English
- Download Audiobook In Love: A Memoir of Love and Loss by Amy Bloom in English
- Download Audiobook MeatEater’s Campfire Stories: Narrow Escapes & More Close Calls by Steven Rinella in English
- Download Audiobook Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable by Tim S. Grover in English
- Download Audiobook The High Sierra: A Love Story by Kim Stanley Robinson in English
- Download Audiobook Endure: How to Work Hard, Outlast, and Keep Hammering by Cameron Hanes in English