A riveting new biography of America’s best all-around athlete by the best-selling creator of the traditional biography When Satisfaction Nonetheless Mattered.Jim Thorpe rose to world fame as a mythic expertise who excelled at each sport. He received gold medals within the decathlon and pentathlon on the 1912 Stockholm Olympics, was an All-American soccer participant on the Carlisle Indian College, the star of the primary class of the Professional Soccer Corridor of Fame, and performed main league baseball for John McGraw’s New York Giants. Even in a golden age of sports activities celebrities, he was one in every of a sort.However regardless of his colossal expertise, Thorpe’s life was a battle in opposition to the chances. As a member of the Sac and Fox Nation, he encountered duplicitous authorities who turned away from him when their reputations had been in danger. At Carlisle, he handled the racist assimilationist philosophy “Kill the Indian, save the person”. His gold medals had been unfairly rescinded as a result of he had performed minor league baseball. His later life was troubled by alcohol, damaged marriages, and monetary misery. He roamed from state to state and took bit components in Hollywood, however even the movie of his personal life failed to enhance his fortunes. However for all his travails, Thorpe didn’t succumb. The person survived, problems and all, and so did the parable.Path Lit by Lightning is a good American story from a grasp biographer.
- Download Audiobook Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story by Arnold Schwarzenegger in English
- Download Audiobook Be Water, My Friend: The Teachings of Bruce Lee by Shannon Lee in English
- Download Audiobook The High Sierra: A Love Story by Kim Stanley Robinson in English
- Download Audiobook Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi in English
- Download Audiobook The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance by W. Timothy Gallwey in English
- Download Audiobook The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt’s Darkest Journey by Candice Millard in English