An exhilarating and intimate account of the lifetime of music legend Tom Petty by an achieved author and musician who toured with Petty. Nobody apart from Warren Zanes, rocker and author and buddy, may creator a guide about Tom Petty that’s as sincere and evocative of Petty’s music and the outstanding rock and roll historical past he and his band helped to put in writing. Born in Gainesville, Florida, with greater than a little bit hillbilly in his blood, Tom Petty was a Southern shit kicker, a child with out a complete lot of promise. Rock and roll made it in any other case. From assembly Elvis to seeing the Beatles on Ed Sullivan to producing Del Shannon; backing Bob Dylan; placing collectively a band with George Harrison, Dylan, Roy Orbison and Jeff Lynne; making data with Johnny Money; and sending properly greater than a dozen of his personal celebrated recordings excessive onto the charts, Tom Petty’s story has all of the drama of a rock and roll epic. Now in his mid-60s, nonetheless making data and nonetheless touring, Petty, recognized for his reclusive model, has shared with Warren Zanes his insights and arguments, his regrets and lasting ambitions, and the main points of his life on and off the stage. That is an audiobook for individuals who know and love the songs, from “American Woman” and “Refugee” to “Free Fallin'” and “Mary Jane’s Final Dance”, and for individuals who wish to see the basic rock and roll period embodied in a single man’s outstanding story. Darkish and mysterious, Petty manages to return again many times, displaying us what the music can do and the place it may possibly take us. BONUS AUDIO: In an unique Audible interview, creator and narrator Warren Zanes discusses the cultural significance behind rock biographies, how nice data continue to disclose new issues over time, and the enduring and “genuine rock-and-roll cool” that’s Tom Petty.
- Download Audiobook Neverwhere: A BBC Radio Full-Cast Dramatisation by Neil Gaiman in English
- Download Audiobook The Steal Like an Artist Audio Trilogy: How to Be Creative, Show Your Work, and Keep Going by Austin Kleon in English
- Download Audiobook Is This Anything? by Jerry Seinfeld in English
- Download Audiobook Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman in English
- Download Audiobook How to Tell a Story: The Essential Guide to Memorable Storytelling from The Moth by The Moth in English
- Download Audiobook Coal Miner’s Daughter by Loretta Lynn in English