From the best-selling creator of Blood, Sweat, and Pixels comes the subsequent definitive, behind-the-scenes account of the online game trade: how a number of the previous decade’s most famed studios fell aside – and the tales, each triumphant and tragic, of what occurred subsequent. Jason Schreier’s groundbreaking reporting has earned him a spot among the many preeminent investigative journalists protecting the world of video video games. In his eagerly anticipated, deeply researched new e-book, Schreier trains his investigative eye on the volatility of the online game trade and the resilience of the individuals who work in it. The enterprise of videogames is each a status trade and an opaque one. Primarily based on dozens of first-hand interviews that cowl the event of landmark video games – Bioshock Infinite, Epic Mickey, Useless Area, and extra – on to the surprising closures of the studios that made them, Press Reset tells the tales of how actual persons are affected by recreation studio shutdowns, and the way they recuperate, transfer on, or escape the trade completely. Schreier’s insider interviews cowl hostile takeovers, abusive bosses, company drama, bounced checks, and that one time the Boston Pink Sox’s Curt Schilling determined he was going to steer a recreation studio that might take out World of Warcraft. Alongside the way in which, he asks urgent questions on why, when the online game trade is extra profitable than ever, it is turn out to be so laborious to make a steady residing making video video games – and whether or not the enterprise of constructing video games can change earlier than it is too late.
- Download Audiobook Cybersecurity for Dummies by Joseph Steinberg in English
- Download Audiobook Fundamentals of Software Architecture: An Engineering Approach by Mark Richards in English
- Download Audiobook The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr in English
- Download Audiobook The Art of Invisibility: The World’s Most Famous Hacker Teaches You How to Be Safe in the Age of Big Brother and Big Data by Kevin Mitnick in English
- Download Audiobook Staff Engineer: Leadership Beyond the Management Track by Will Larson in English
- Download Audiobook Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism by Safiya Umoja Noble in English