From the writer of The Final Hero: A Lifetime of Henry Aaron comes the definitive biography of Corridor of Famer Rickey Henderson, baseball’s epic leadoff hitter and base-stealer who additionally stole America’s coronary heart over practically 5 electrical many years within the sport.Few names within the historical past of baseball evoke the excellence and dynamism that Rickey Henderson’s does. He holds the report for essentially the most stolen bases in a single sport, and he’s scored extra runs than any participant ever. “If you happen to lower Rickey Henderson in half, you’d have two Corridor of Famers,” the baseball historian Invoice James as soon as mentioned.However maybe much more than his prowess on the sector, Rickey Henderson’s is a narrative of Oakland, California, the city that gave rise to so many legendary athletes like him. And it’s a narrative of a sea change in sports activities, when athletes gained superstar standing and Black gamers lastly earned equitable salaries. Henderson embraced this shift together with his trademark fashion, taking part in for 9 totally different groups all through his decades-long profession and sculpting a brash, larger-than-life persona that stole the nation’s coronary heart. Now, within the arms of critically acclaimed sportswriter and tradition critic Howard Bryant, considered one of baseball’s best and most unique stars lastly will get his due.PLEASE NOTE: While you buy this title, the accompanying PDF will likely be accessible in your Audible Library together with the audio.
- Download Audiobook The Confident Mind: A Battle-Tested Guide to Unshakable Performance by Dr. Nate Zinsser in English
- Download Audiobook Undisputed Truth by Mike Tyson in English
- Download Audiobook A Book of Five Rings: The Strategy of Musashi by Miyamoto Musashi in English
- Download Audiobook Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance by Alexander Hutchinson in English
- Download Audiobook Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman by Jon Krakauer in English
- Download Audiobook Legacy by James Kerr in English