From the creator of The Final Hero: A Lifetime of Henry Aaron comes the definitive biography of Corridor of Famer Rickey Henderson, baseball’s epic leadoff hitter and base-stealer who additionally stole America’s coronary heart over almost 5 electrical many years within the recreation.Few names within the historical past of baseball evoke the excellence and dynamism that Rickey Henderson’s does. He holds the document for essentially the most stolen bases in a single recreation, and he’s scored extra runs than any participant ever. “For those who reduce Rickey Henderson in half, you’d have two Corridor of Famers,” the baseball historian Invoice James as soon as stated.However maybe much more than his prowess on the sphere, Rickey Henderson’s is a narrative of Oakland, California, the city that gave rise to so many legendary athletes like him. And it’s a narrative of a sea change in sports activities, when athletes gained celeb standing and Black gamers lastly earned equitable salaries. Henderson embraced this shift along with his trademark model, taking part in for 9 totally different groups all through his decades-long profession and sculpting a brash, larger-than-life persona that stole the nation’s coronary heart. Now, within the palms of critically acclaimed sportswriter and tradition critic Howard Bryant, one in every of baseball’s biggest and most unique stars lastly will get his due.PLEASE NOTE: If you buy this title, the accompanying PDF will probably be out there in your Audible Library together with the audio.
- Download Audiobook In Love: A Memoir of Love and Loss by Amy Bloom in English
- Download Audiobook MeatEater’s Campfire Stories: Narrow Escapes & More Close Calls by Steven Rinella in English
- Download Audiobook Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable by Tim S. Grover in English
- Download Audiobook The High Sierra: A Love Story by Kim Stanley Robinson in English
- Download Audiobook Endure: How to Work Hard, Outlast, and Keep Hammering by Cameron Hanes in English
- Download Audiobook Just Tyrus: A Memoir by Tyrus in English