“This quietly profound e-book belongs on the shelf subsequent to Jon Krakauer’s Into the Wild.” —The New York TimesThe riveting true story of Dick Conant, an American people hero who, over the course of greater than twenty years, canoed solo 1000’s of miles of American rivers—after which disappeared close to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.Thisbook “incorporates every part: journey, thriller, travelogue, and unforgettable characters” (David Grann, best-selling creator of Killers of the Flower Moon).For many years, Dick Conant paddled the rivers of America, protecting the Mississippi, Yellowstone, Ohio, Hudson, in addition to innumerable smaller tributaries. These solo excursions had been epic feats of planning, perseverance, and bodily braveness. On the identical time, Conant collected folks wherever he went, creating an enormous community of associates and acquaintances who would perpetually bear in mind this good and charming man even after a single assembly. Ben McGrath, a workers author at The New Yorker, was a kind of folks. In 2014 he met Conant by likelihood simply north of New York Metropolis as Conant paddled down the Hudson, headed for Florida. McGrath wrote a extensively learn article about their encounter, and when Conant’s canoe washed up just a few months later, with none signal of his physique, McGrath got down to discover the folks whose lives Conant had touched—to seize a outstanding life lived far exterior the staid confines of recent existence.Riverman is a shifting portrait of a posh and interesting man who was as troubled as he was charismatic, who struggled with psychological sickness and self-doubt, and was in the end unable to trend a steady life for himself; who traveled alone and but thrived on connection and introduced numerous folks collectively in his wake. It’s also a portrait of an America we not often see: a nation of unconventional characters, small river cities, and long-forgotten waterways.
- Download Audiobook The Impossible First by Colin O’Brady in English
- Download Audiobook A Most Remarkable Creature: The Hidden Life and Epic Journey of the World’s Smartest Birds of Prey by Jonathan Meiburg in English
- Download Audiobook BuzzFeed Unsolved Supernatural: 101 True Tales of Hauntings, Demons, and the Paranormal by Ryan Bergara in English
- Download Audiobook Bill Bryson Collector’s Edition: Notes from a Small Island, Neither Here Nor There, and I’m a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson in English
- Download Audiobook Grandma Gatewood’s Walk: The Inspiring Story of the Woman Who Saved the Appalachian Trail by Ben Montgomery in English
- Download Audiobook The Ridiculous Misadventures of a Single Girl: Eat, Pray, #FML, Book 2 by Gabrielle Stone in English