Why is glass see-through? What makes elastic stretchy? Why does a paper clip bend? These are the types of questions that Mark Miodownik is continually asking himself. A globally famend supplies scientist, Miodownik has spent his life exploring objects as extraordinary as an envelope and as sudden as concrete fabric, uncovering the fascinating secrets and techniques that maintain collectively our bodily world. From the teacup to the jet engine, the silicon chip to the paper clip, the plastic in our home equipment to the elastic in our underpants, our lives are overflowing with supplies. Filled with enthralling tales of the miracles of engineering that permeate our lives, Stuff Issues will make you see stuff in an entire new approach.
- Download Audiobook The Molecule of More: How a Single Chemical in Your Brain Drives Love, Sex, and Creativity – And Will Determine the Fate of the Human Race by Daniel Z. Lieberman MD in English
- Download Audiobook Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital by Sheri Fink in English
- Download Audiobook Finding the Mother Tree: Discovering the Wisdom of the Forest by Suzanne Simard in English
- Download Audiobook The Metaverse: And How It Will Revolutionize Everything by Matthew Ball in English
- Download Audiobook The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan in English
- Download Audiobook Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law by Mary Roach in English