A New York Occasions expertise correspondent presents the dramatic rise and fall of Uber, set in opposition to the fast upheaval in Silicon Valley throughout the cellular period. In June 2017, Travis Kalanick, the hard-charging CEO of Uber, was ousted in a boardroom coup that capped a brutal yr for the transportation large. Uber had catapulted to the highest of the tech world but for a lot of got here to represent all the things improper with Silicon Valley. Within the custom of Brad Stone’s Every thing Retailer and John Carreyrou’s Dangerous Blood, award-winning investigative reporter Mike Isaac’s Tremendous Pumped delivers a gripping account of Uber’s fast rise, its pitched battles with taxi unions and drivers, the corporate’s poisonous inner tradition and the bare-knuckle ways it devised to beat obstacles in its quest for dominance. Based mostly on a whole lot of interviews with present and former Uber workers, together with beforehand unpublished paperwork, Tremendous Pumped is a pause-resisting story of ambition and deception, obscene wealth and unhealthy conduct that explores how blistering technological and monetary innovation culminated in one of the catastrophic 12-month durations in American company historical past.
- Download Audiobook Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too by Gary Vaynerchuk in English
- Download Audiobook The Wright Brothers by David McCullough in English
- Download Audiobook The Pragmatic Programmer: 20th Anniversary Edition, 2nd Edition: Your Journey to Mastery by David Thomas in English
- Download Audiobook The YouTube Formula: How Anyone Can Unlock the Algorithm to Drive Views, Build an Audience, and Grow Revenue by Derral Eves in English
- Download Audiobook Proof of Stake: The Making of Ethereum and the Philosophy of Blockchains by Vitalik Buterin in English
- Download Audiobook The Metaverse: And How It Will Revolutionize Everything by Matthew Ball in English