Malcolm Gladwell, host of the podcast Revisionist Historical past and creator of the number-one New York Occasions finest vendor Outliers, reinvents the audiobook on this immersive manufacturing of Speaking to Strangers, a strong examination of our interactions with individuals we don’t know. How did Fidel Castro idiot the CIA for a technology? Why did Neville Chamberlain suppose he might belief Adolf Hitler? Why are campus sexual assaults on the rise? Do tv sitcoms train us one thing about the way in which we relate to one another that is not true? Whereas tackling these questions, Malcolm Gladwell was not solely writing a ebook for the web page. He was additionally producing for the ear. Within the audiobook model of Speaking to Strangers, you’ll hear the voices of individuals he interviewed – scientists, criminologists, army psychologists. Court docket transcripts are dropped at life with re-enactments. You really hear the contentious arrest of Sandra Bland by the facet of the highway in Texas. As Gladwell revisits the deceptions of Bernie Madoff, the trial of Amanda Knox, and the suicide of Sylvia Plath, you hear immediately from lots of the gamers in these real-life tragedies. There’s even a theme music – Janelle Monae’s “Hell You Talmbout”. One thing may be very mistaken, Gladwell argues, with the instruments and methods we use to make sense of individuals we do not know. And since we do not know the way to speak to strangers, we’re inviting battle and misunderstanding in ways in which have a profound impact on our lives and our world. The audiobook version of Speaking to Strangers was an instantaneous number-one finest vendor, and was one of the crucial pre-ordered audiobooks in historical past. It seamlessly marries audiobooks and podcasts, creating a very new and actual listening expertise.
- Download Audiobook The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason in English
- Download Audiobook Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Joe Dispenza in English
- Download Audiobook Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don’t Know by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon by Joe Dispenza in English
- Download Audiobook Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find – and Keep – Love by Amir Levine in English
- Download Audiobook Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. by Brené Brown in English