Malcolm Gladwell, host of the podcast Revisionist Historical past and writer of the number-one New York Instances greatest vendor Outliers, reinvents the audiobook on this immersive manufacturing of Speaking to Strangers, a robust examination of our interactions with individuals we don’t know. How did Fidel Castro idiot the CIA for a technology? Why did Neville Chamberlain assume he might belief Adolf Hitler? Why are campus sexual assaults on the rise? Do tv sitcoms train us one thing about the best way we relate to one another that is not true? Whereas tackling these questions, Malcolm Gladwell was not solely writing a ebook for the web page. He was additionally producing for the ear. Within the audiobook model of Speaking to Strangers, you’ll hear the voices of individuals he interviewed – scientists, criminologists, army psychologists. Court docket transcripts are dropped at life with re-enactments. You truly hear the contentious arrest of Sandra Bland by the aspect of the street in Texas. As Gladwell revisits the deceptions of Bernie Madoff, the trial of Amanda Knox, and the suicide of Sylvia Plath, you hear straight from lots of the gamers in these real-life tragedies. There’s even a theme track – Janelle Monae’s “Hell You Talmbout”. One thing may be very mistaken, Gladwell argues, with the instruments and techniques we use to make sense of individuals we do not know. And since we do not know methods to speak to strangers, we’re inviting battle and misunderstanding in ways in which have a profound impact on our lives and our world. The audiobook version of Speaking to Strangers was an instantaneous number-one greatest vendor, and was one of the crucial pre-ordered audiobooks in historical past. It seamlessly marries audiobooks and podcasts, creating a very new and actual listening expertise.
- Download Audiobook Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon by Joe Dispenza in English
- Download Audiobook Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life by Jordan B. Peterson in English
- Download Audiobook Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don’t Know by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer in English
- Download Audiobook What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Oprah Winfrey in English
- Download Audiobook Atlas of the Heart: Mapping Meaningful Connection and the Language of Human Experience by Brené Brown in English