Malcolm Gladwell, host of the podcast Revisionist Historical past and writer of the number-one New York Instances finest vendor Outliers, reinvents the audiobook on this immersive manufacturing of Speaking to Strangers, a strong examination of our interactions with individuals we don’t know. How did Fidel Castro idiot the CIA for a technology? Why did Neville Chamberlain assume he may belief Adolf Hitler? Why are campus sexual assaults on the rise? Do tv sitcoms train us one thing about the way in which we relate to one another that is not true? Whereas tackling these questions, Malcolm Gladwell was not solely writing a e book for the web page. He was additionally producing for the ear. Within the audiobook model of Speaking to Strangers, you’ll hear the voices of individuals he interviewed – scientists, criminologists, army psychologists. Courtroom transcripts are dropped at life with re-enactments. You truly hear the contentious arrest of Sandra Bland by the aspect of the street in Texas. As Gladwell revisits the deceptions of Bernie Madoff, the trial of Amanda Knox, and the suicide of Sylvia Plath, you hear immediately from most of the gamers in these real-life tragedies. There’s even a theme tune – Janelle Monae’s “Hell You Talmbout”. One thing may be very flawed, Gladwell argues, with the instruments and techniques we use to make sense of individuals we do not know. And since we do not know tips on how to speak to strangers, we’re inviting battle and misunderstanding in ways in which have a profound impact on our lives and our world. The audiobook version of Speaking to Strangers was an instantaneous number-one finest vendor, and was one of the vital pre-ordered audiobooks in historical past. It seamlessly marries audiobooks and podcasts, creating a totally new and actual listening expertise.
- Download Audiobook Monsters and How to Tame Them by Kevin Hart in English
- Download Audiobook The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey in English
- Download Audiobook Atlas of the Heart: Mapping Meaningful Connection and the Language of Human Experience by Brené Brown in English
- Download Audiobook The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz in English
- Download Audiobook Good Inside: A Guide to Becoming the Parent You Want to Be by Becky Kennedy in English
- Download Audiobook 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson in English