Malcolm Gladwell, host of the podcast Revisionist Historical past and writer of the number-one New York Occasions greatest vendor Outliers, reinvents the audiobook on this immersive manufacturing of Speaking to Strangers, a strong examination of our interactions with individuals we don’t know. How did Fidel Castro idiot the CIA for a technology? Why did Neville Chamberlain suppose he might belief Adolf Hitler? Why are campus sexual assaults on the rise? Do tv sitcoms train us one thing about the way in which we relate to one another that is not true? Whereas tackling these questions, Malcolm Gladwell was not solely writing a ebook for the web page. He was additionally producing for the ear. Within the audiobook model of Speaking to Strangers, you’ll hear the voices of individuals he interviewed – scientists, criminologists, army psychologists. Court docket transcripts are delivered to life with re-enactments. You really hear the contentious arrest of Sandra Bland by the aspect of the street in Texas. As Gladwell revisits the deceptions of Bernie Madoff, the trial of Amanda Knox, and the suicide of Sylvia Plath, you hear instantly from lots of the gamers in these real-life tragedies. There’s even a theme music – Janelle Monae’s “Hell You Talmbout”. One thing may be very incorrect, Gladwell argues, with the instruments and methods we use to make sense of individuals we do not know. And since we do not know the best way to discuss to strangers, we’re inviting battle and misunderstanding in ways in which have a profound impact on our lives and our world. The audiobook version of Speaking to Strangers was an instantaneous number-one greatest vendor, and was one of the pre-ordered audiobooks in historical past. It seamlessly marries audiobooks and podcasts, creating a very new and actual listening expertise.
- Download Audiobook Come As You Are: Revised and Updated: The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life by Emily Nagoski PhD in English
- Download Audiobook Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents by Lindsay C. Gibson PsyD in English
- Download Audiobook Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker in English
- Download Audiobook 101 Essays That Will Change the Way You Think by Brianna Wiest in English
- Download Audiobook The Comfort Crisis: Embrace Discomfort to Reclaim Your Wild, Happy, Healthy Self by Michael Easter in English
- Download Audiobook Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know by Adam Grant in English