Malcolm Gladwell, host of the podcast Revisionist Historical past and writer of the number-one New York Occasions finest vendor Outliers, reinvents the audiobook on this immersive manufacturing of Speaking to Strangers, a strong examination of our interactions with folks we don’t know. How did Fidel Castro idiot the CIA for a technology? Why did Neville Chamberlain assume he might belief Adolf Hitler? Why are campus sexual assaults on the rise? Do tv sitcoms educate us one thing about the way in which we relate to one another that is not true? Whereas tackling these questions, Malcolm Gladwell was not solely writing a e-book for the web page. He was additionally producing for the ear. Within the audiobook model of Speaking to Strangers, you’ll hear the voices of individuals he interviewed – scientists, criminologists, navy psychologists. Courtroom transcripts are dropped at life with re-enactments. You truly hear the contentious arrest of Sandra Bland by the aspect of the street in Texas. As Gladwell revisits the deceptions of Bernie Madoff, the trial of Amanda Knox, and the suicide of Sylvia Plath, you hear straight from lots of the gamers in these real-life tragedies. There’s even a theme tune – Janelle Monae’s “Hell You Talmbout”. One thing could be very fallacious, Gladwell argues, with the instruments and methods we use to make sense of individuals we do not know. And since we do not know easy methods to speak to strangers, we’re inviting battle and misunderstanding in ways in which have a profound impact on our lives and our world. The audiobook version of Speaking to Strangers was an immediate number-one finest vendor, and was one of the vital pre-ordered audiobooks in historical past. It seamlessly marries audiobooks and podcasts, creating a very new and actual listening expertise.
- Download Audiobook The Comfort Crisis: Embrace Discomfort to Reclaim Your Wild, Happy, Healthy Self by Michael Easter in English
- Download Audiobook Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know by Adam Grant in English
- Download Audiobook Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman in English
- Download Audiobook The Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene in English
- Download Audiobook Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find – and Keep – Love by Amir Levine in English
- Download Audiobook Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon by Joe Dispenza in English