Malcolm Gladwell, host of the podcast Revisionist Historical past and creator of the number-one New York Instances greatest vendor Outliers, reinvents the audiobook on this immersive manufacturing of Speaking to Strangers, a strong examination of our interactions with folks we don’t know. How did Fidel Castro idiot the CIA for a era? Why did Neville Chamberlain suppose he might belief Adolf Hitler? Why are campus sexual assaults on the rise? Do tv sitcoms educate us one thing about the best way we relate to one another that is not true? Whereas tackling these questions, Malcolm Gladwell was not solely writing a ebook for the web page. He was additionally producing for the ear. Within the audiobook model of Speaking to Strangers, you’ll hear the voices of individuals he interviewed – scientists, criminologists, navy psychologists. Court docket transcripts are dropped at life with re-enactments. You really hear the contentious arrest of Sandra Bland by the aspect of the street in Texas. As Gladwell revisits the deceptions of Bernie Madoff, the trial of Amanda Knox, and the suicide of Sylvia Plath, you hear instantly from most of the gamers in these real-life tragedies. There’s even a theme music – Janelle Monae’s “Hell You Talmbout”. One thing could be very improper, Gladwell argues, with the instruments and techniques we use to make sense of individuals we do not know. And since we do not know the right way to speak to strangers, we’re inviting battle and misunderstanding in ways in which have a profound impact on our lives and our world. The audiobook version of Speaking to Strangers was an prompt number-one greatest vendor, and was one of the vital pre-ordered audiobooks in historical past. It seamlessly marries audiobooks and podcasts, creating a very new and actual listening expertise.
- Download Audiobook The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason in English
- Download Audiobook Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Joe Dispenza in English
- Download Audiobook Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don’t Know by Malcolm Gladwell in English
- Download Audiobook Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon by Joe Dispenza in English
- Download Audiobook Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find – and Keep – Love by Amir Levine in English
- Download Audiobook Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. by Brené Brown in English